Warm Mango SalsaMonday, June 11, 2012 : BFG Chef
Active time: 30 minutes
2 each or 2½ cups Firm, fresh mangos
Add a sweet, exotic flavor to grilled fish or poultry.
- Peel, seed and dice mango.
- Place 2 cups of mango into a large bowl with garlic and red pepper– reserve ½ cup of mango.
- Place reserved mango in blender and puree until smooth. Combine with diced mango, garlic, and red pepper.
- Heat olive oil in small sauté pan – add red onions and cook until tender (about 2 to 3 minutes). (Note: Red onions can be substituted with yellow onions.)
- Place on paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Combine with all remaining ingredients and add to bowl with mango. Mix well.
- Pour into a small sauté pan and heat for 1 to 2 minutes – until warmed.
- Remove from heat and stir in scallions and cilantro.
- Serve immediately over fish.