Kate's GrouperWednesday, June 20, 2012 : BFG Chef
Active time: 45 minutes
GROUPER WITH BREADING
1 qt. Bread Crumbs
Fresh grilled grouper with our popular Kate's topping.
- Mix bread crumbs, parsley, powdered parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper very well and place in freezer until ready to use.
- Slowly melt butter in a small skillet. Let melted butter cool to room temperature. Brush butter heavily and entirely over each grouper filet.
- Remove breading from freezer and pour 1 cup into a wide pan. Gently roll grouper in breading covering entire fish. Repeat as necessary.
- Place breaded grouper in a flat pan lined with wax paper and place in refrigerator for one hour.
LEMON BASIL ARTICHOKE BUTTER SAUCE
1 tbs. Fresh, Chopped Garlic
1 tbs. Fresh, Chopped Shallots
2 tbs. White Wine (preferably Chablis)
3 tbs. Fresh Lemon Juice
½ lb. Cold Unsalted Butter
1 pinch Salt
12 Artichoke Hearts
1 tsp. Fresh Basil (cut into strips)
- Place all lemon butter sauce ingredients into a sauce pan on low heat. Reduce ingredients by half. Once sauce has reduced, add artichoke hearts and fresh basil.
- Slowly add butter (in ¼ inch squares) and continually swirl with a wire whip on low heat. Temperature should be maintained at 110 degrees Fahrenheit before serving.
- Sauce should be creamy and smooth.
GRILLING THE GROUPER
1 bag Oak Wood Chips
- Add oak wood chips to grill. Heat grill to medium heat. It is important that grill is not overheated.
- Oil grill and gently place grouper. Cook until grouper reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit, flipping once (approx. 6 minutes on each side).
- After flipping, add Feta Cheese to top of Grouper and allow it to soften.
- Place all grilled grouper onto a large platter.
- Top the grouper with lemon basil artichoke lemon butter sauce. Serve hot.